Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A faded string of memory!





Why does times of this sort comes? Times when you really can't explain what exactly is goin on, and yet you feel so lost and so far far away away from everything around you.
The constant clutterings of your colleagues, the constant jabbering of the printer beside you and all sort of ring tones possibly available to download seems just like a faint echo from another world.


In any other day, I would have been an inalienable part of the above described scene, however today, its
happening all differently!

Is it a my favourite Saturday today? Lemme check!

Well, no it isn't, my desktop calender is staring away with Tuesday on its face. I think it is wondering what is perhaps wrong with me today morning. :)
Even my computer does'nt seem in a mood today, and it is acting weirdly! Looks like it is rebelling for having to work today!

And still as I continue to wonder, distant clatter and clumps reaches my ear! My conscious tells me i should get down to work, but my mind flutters away to the some place else. Concentrating seems such a big issue.
I could'nt care any more for something so evasive and so very eluding.

And then there came a gust of wind carrying me away to that distant world of dreams that generally granted entry only during the night in the sleep. the smell of soil after the first rain reaches my nostrils, and am no more lost, am no more uncertain! I know, I am home, this is the place i belong! There is no picture that I could put here for you guys to see,but it would'nt be so much difficult to imagine, isnt it?

And I guess that same gust of wind swept across me again, and this time I swear I could feel tufts of hairs lash across.. and that fragrance. How on earth I could ever forget that.

Ok, so now I realise that it had been you all the time. Yes, I forgot how it used to be then, how that persons fragrance reached so well before that person itself. how I would try to catch the wind at the end of your pony tail, and how even the sweetest note of music would seem soo dull before your giggling!

Indeed it had been so long that, infact the faintest of your memories had faded away. In a way, Yes! I had forgotten all that.

Standing here in broad day light, I can feel all those similar feelings that once eventualized to what seems like an eternity ago! Yet, one thing that is still missing is that person.
Encased in ice are safely tugged away those thoughts in a far nook corner somewhere. I can assure that they are safe,but what I failed to save was the ever growing rift.
How I wish it would all be ok again. The fun we had, that trifle of issues shared even with so much enthusiasm. All that, an long long eternity ago.
And I cant help laughing at my ownself, how foolish I had been.




Suddenly the ring of my own cell phone haul me back to the harsh reality.

Did i hear it right?

Ohh.. Yes! It is my cell indeed.

I can't remember when I had put such an annoying ring tone. There is a call for a meeting.
 i stagger on my feet, and try to get my bearings straight! Gosshh..!! travelling in dreams can so much screw up with your navigational sense.

And I slowly tread,once more into the real world, and away from that world where I belonged. And the feelings and the thoughts once more becoming distant, slowly fading away.

I let Time play it's part and snatch it all away from me to throw it an eternity away. Where I cannot reach it, from where I can't smell it, from where I can't dream it.

Only hoping that like accidents like today happen once more in some time in future, whence I be reminded that am an human with emotions. I have'nt grown cold blooded and stone hearted.

Till then, its this dry and scavaged world that beckons me. And I must do its bidding.




PS: This is entirely an work from an figment of imagination and has nothing to do with any person in reality or whatsoever.

No comments:

Post a Comment