Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Moving to the city of the Tech industry

For as long as I can remember, Bangalore was one city which always attracted me. But, having lived in Delhi for long enough, I could not differentiate between what is the urge to live in the city compared to just the fascination of visiting that place.
I complete one year in this city. One year as a resident of this city.
And experience has been mixed so far.
I mean my beer consumption has gone way above the approved intake ( As if there is really any such thing..!!).


And the hours i spend on the traffic signals, well it is taking up a considerable chunk of pie in my life chart.

Pic Courtesy: Economic Times



My navigation skills have definitely improved whilst negotiating the lanes and by-lanes of JP Nagar and Jayanagar. I have found roads which would save me from Traffic, roads which will save me from signals, roads which will save me from cops, roads which will save me from pot-holes, and the list goes on.
For life, that it is. There's the upside to it too. Am living much nearer to my home now ( With much delight to my Mom). The weather here is much more pleasant. And the pollution level, well I would'nt particularly bet on that (Thank you BMTC buses).

A year has thus passed by in frenzy, and I have made friends here as well. I have settled here in my own terms.
But some days in the middle of some conversation, or in the midst of any thought process. Delhi still keeps popping up. Because that is a city which has still retained it's soul in the old lanes of Chandni Chowk.

The important lesson I learned here is, that sometimes what we deeply wish for, is thrown at our face. But then it is not in the same way that we expected it to be. It is different. In many ways than we earlier perceived it to be. And we fight to believe that it is the same thing what we wished for. But the idea is to accept which has been given. Give it time. Life has it's own funny ways of unfurling things for you. Not to forget the surprises and shocks that come free with with.

And this is my story of moving to a city I always wanted to 'Move in' to.

No comments:

Post a Comment