Sunday, September 16, 2012

An fortuitous discovery.

So, the other day being a weekend I did not want to spend it slothing away at home (or whatever you call this God forsaken thing). While deciding which place I could go considering that being in Delhi you never run out of options, I , on the other hand also had to weigh the fact none of my friend would be generous enough to sacrifice their day 2 long hibernation just to go hang out ( no offence guys !!!).

Thanks to Google dada, a mighty lot of returns came up against my search. One primarily catching my eyes because i had heard about this place from a colleague of mine. It was called "Nagpal Chole Bhature". 
Well considering the pathetic food on menu at my place,I was more than happy to go for a eat-out. 

So, for directions, one has to get down at Moolchand ( its on Violet/Purple Line, better still get a map) & take a rickshaw from there. Ask the guy and he will gladly take you there for 20 bucks. Once reaching the place i realise that,well am quite early or maybe perhaps jussstttt a bit late. The shop had been closed down and would'nt open for another half an hour.

People, am sure you would understand the anguish and the awkward feeling complimented with a pinch of "Lame". 
But there was another small establishment that really caught my eyes.





Well, you see now why it caught my attention. The unabashed bright yellow with the green semi-colonial styled windows and door did add a certain degree of charm to the place. With nothing else at hand, I stepped inside and the walls and the ambience took me off guard at the very first moment.









I mean, the walls were neatly covered in sticky's. And i mean literally covered in it. But thanks to something I still could'nt figure out, they all seem to be in place and actually moulded well with interiors.
My next surprise came with the menu. Maybe its only be, but you don't really see a menu such sort every day. The menu was made up of plastic covered type material and people could use a felt tip pen to choose their dishes prepared in the way they want it to.
So, earnestly. How many places you get to order like this...!!?? 

I helped my self with a Peach ice tea and a chicken sandwich. The ambience is too good. And I was kept busy staring at this painting on the wall.





The food is fairly priced though the taste is nothing out of the extra ordinary. However the Peach ice tea was exceptionally good. Having finished off with my food, I sat toying with my Ice Tea, not wanting to finish it off so soon. 
I left with a big grin on my face and a definitely happy tummy. Looking forward for another visit. Soon enough!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment